Fundamentals of: optics, interference, diffraction polarization, wave-particle duality,
semiconductors and magnetism.
To teach students basic concepts and principles of physics, relate them to laboratory experiments
and their applications
On completion of the course, learner will be able to–
- Develop understanding of interference, diffraction and polarization; connect it to few
- Learn basics of lasers and optical fibers and their use in some applications.
- Understand concepts and principles in quantum mechanics. Relate them to some
- Understand theory of semiconductors and their applications in some semiconductor
- Summarize basics of magnetism and superconductivity. Explore few of their
- Comprehend use of concepts of physics for Non Destructive Testing. Learn some
properties of nano-materials and their application.