- Differentiation, Integration, Maxima and Minima, Determinants and Matrices
To make the students familiarize with concepts and techniques in Calculus, Fourier series and
Matrices. The aim is to equip them with the techniques to understand advanced level
mathematics and its applications that would enhance analytical thinking power, useful in their
- Mean value theorems and its generalizations leading to Taylors and Maclaurin’s series
useful in the analysis of engineering problems.
- The Fourier series representation and harmonic analysis for design and analysis of periodic
continuous and discrete systems.
- To deal withderivative of functions of several variables that are essential in various
branches of Engineering.
- To apply the concept of Jacobian to find partial derivative of implicit function and
functional dependence. Use of partial derivatives in estimating error and approximation and
finding extreme values of the function.
- The essential tool of matrices and linear algebra in a comprehensive manner for analysis of
system of linear equations, finding linear and orthogonal transformations, Eigen values and
Eigen vectors applicable to engineering problems