The section Previous Years' Exams is not currently available.
65 Hours of Live Coaching
Complete Syllabus Coverage
Detailed Theory Notes
Tricks to Remember
MCQs as per University, GATE and IES
20th October Onwards
6.30 pm to 8.00 pm
Faculty: Mr. Prashant Purekar
To enroll, just hit the button below and pay Rs.999/-.
- To develop competency in understanding of theory of all types of gears.
- To understand the analysis of gear train.
- To develop competency in drawing the cam profile.
- To make the student conversant with synthesis of the mechanism.
- To understand step-less regulations.
- To understand mechanisms for system control – Gyroscope.
- Student will be able to understand fundamentals of gear theory which will be the prerequisite
for gear design.
- Student will be able to perform force analysis of Spur, Helical, Bevel, Worm and Worm
- The student to analyze speed and torque in epi-cyclic gear trains which will be the
prerequisite for gear box design.
- Student will be able to design cam profile for given follower motions and understand cam
Jump phenomenon, advance cam curves.
- The student will synthesize a four bar mechanism with analytical and graphical methods.
- The student will
- a. analyze the gyroscopic couple or effect for stabilization of Ship
Aeroplane and Four wheeler vehicle.
- b. choose appropriate drive for given application (stepped / step-less).
Part A: Compulsory
- To study manufacturing of gear using gear generation with rack as a cutter and to generate
- Kinematic analysis of synchromesh, machine tool gear box, differential gear box (Self
- Speed and torque analysis of epicyclic gear train to determine holding torque
- To draw the cam profile and study variation in pressure angle with respect to change in base
circle diameter and draw pitch circle for both the cases.( Half imperial drawing sheet)
- To synthesize the four bar and slider crank mechanism using relative pole and inversion
method with three accuracy points. ( Half imperial drawing sheet)
- To determine the effect of active gyroscopic couple on a spinning disc and verify the
- Study of Continuous Variable Transmission and Infinite Variable Transmission
Part B: Any Two
- To draw conjugate profile for any general type of gear tooth. (Half imperial drawing sheet)
- To verify the cam jump phenomenon for an eccentric cam.
- Synthesis a four bar mechanism based on Freudenstein’s equation using any programming
- To measure the range of speeds obtained using any one type of continuously variable
- Industrial visit to understand Machines and Mechanisms.
Ask your doubts regarding the subject here. Discuss exam strategies, scores and latest trends in this forum.